Dress Code & Rules
GENTLEMENS DRESS REQUIREMENTS
“Dress with Respect”
All members, caddies and visitors are urged to dress in good taste at all times and so maintain the dignity of the game of golf and Club standards.
- Children accompanying Members during social or competition play are subject to the Club dress regulations, rules and conditions.
- To alleviate any embarrassment to themselves, their guests or other members, they are asked to observe the following requirements, which are regarded as the minimum standards.
- Any member of the Board, General Manager, Club Professional or Bar Manager may object to any particular mode of dress.
- The mere fact that a person’s dress complies with these regulations does not necessarily mean that it is acceptable. Smartness, neatness and cleanliness are the inflexible standard.
GENTLEMEN (On Course)
Clothing must be appropriate for golf and within the clubhouse. Shirts must have collars and sleeves; polo/mock collars and skivvies are acceptable. Shirts must be tucked in at all times on the golf course. Trousers and shorts must be tailored and be worn with a belt. Cargo style pants, full elastic or drawstring waists, and denim jeans are not permitted. Any colour ankle length socks are permitted. Longer socks must be white. Golf shoes (Non-metal spiked) are essential for play.
GENTLEMEN (On Course) – NOT PERMITTED
- Long coloured socks, dress socks or work socks
- Cargo shorts of any description
- Drawstring shorts
- Loose shirts not tucked in
- Tee shirts or Shirts with excessive logos or slogans
- Calf length (three quarter length) shorts
- Denim, Rubber Thongs, ‘Croc’s or sandals
GENTLEMEN – IN THE CLUBHOUSE
Smart casual wear including dress denim jeans and untucked collared shirts are permitted. Non-metal spiked golf shoes are acceptable. Socks are optional with boat shoes.
CLUBHOUSE ATTIRE – NOT PERMITTED (Men’s and Ladies)
Torn, faded, stone washed or untidy clothing will not be permitted at any time. Drawstring pants, blue work jeans, tabs, stubbies, singlets, T-shirts, tracksuits, leggings, thongs or thong sandals, ‘Crocs’, golf shoes, sneakers (except for juniors), men’s sandals without a back strap, and clothing bearing large motifs ARE NOT considered appropriate.
Footwear that has been worn to play golf on the course is not permitted in the lounge.